Singles Leagues – Women/Men
1 Jul 2020 - 31 Aug 2020
Singles Leagues – Women and Men
The divisions are listed on the KBTC ebooking (court booking) system. To view click on Leagues & then select your league. See screen shot below.
There are 5 divisions in the Womens & 7 divisions in the Mens Leagues. Each division has 4 players.
- Games are self-scheduling, it is up to players to contact each other & arrange matches.
- At the start of each round each player will receive an email listing all the players in their division. Players play the other players in their division.
- Each match is 2 regular sets with a 10 point tie-break decider at one set all.
- NO ADVANTAGE: Should a game reach deuce it will be the receiver’s choice with the next point winning the game. (This is same scoring as in the Doubles Leagues)
- Players enter match result electronically on the league table. www.kbtc.ie click on ‘Book a Court’, click on ‘Leagues’ – from the drop-down box select Men Singles/Women’s Singles.
- Each set and championship tie-break is scored at ONE point. (i.e. – results are either 2/0; 2/1).
- FORFEIT: We ask that players keep to the spirit of fair play, & give a forfeit if one player cannot reasonably accommodate an opponent. Where two players equally cannot arrange their match, then no score should be entered.
- A forfeit will be scored as -1 / 2.
- Substitutions are not allowed.
- If a player is injured during a match or unable to continue, they must forfeit the match, entering 0/2 – should they be a set ahead before injury, then enter a score of 1/2.
- The system automatically give players’ one additional point for each match played.
- Each round of the league will be 4 weeks in duration with players playing 3 – 4 matches. The closing date of the round is shown at top of league table. (R1 31/7/20; R2 1/8/20). Results cannot be entered once a table is closed.
- The system automatically re-ranks players according to their scores and promotes & relegates in each division for the next round. The system will then generate the tables for the next round.
- The number of players in each division will depend on the number of entries – as far as possible each division will have 4 players.
- For the initial round, players have been ranked by the selectors committee.
- Joining / Leaving
- Members may join a league at the start of a new round. New entrants into the leagues will be ranked by the selectors committee and entered in the division judged most appropriate provided this does not interfere with league promotions. (Entry will be the highest available spot that does not impact on promotions – according to selectors committee ranking) Contact: [email protected]
- Players can opt out of a round – you must notify the organiser. As far as is possible when a player re-joins they will re-enter the same division.
- League matches do not take priority. If your court is booked by other players for the next time slot and you have not completed your match – you will need to arrange another time to finish the match.
- Please arrive in time for your match. Warm up should be no longer than 10 min.
- Tie-break: A tie break is played if a set reaches 6 games all. First player to 7 points winning by 2 points wins the set. (A set is won when one player reaches 6 games winning by 2 games)
- Championship Tie-break: At one set all, a championship tie-break is played. First player to 10 points winning by 2 points wins the match.
- Please be mindful of social distancing. Do not shake hands at the end of your match.
- The format and rules may need to be changed to allow the league to run smoothly, this is at the discretion of the league organiser.
Feedback/queries to the League Organiser: Michelle Robson at [email protected] Michelle Robson, Aug 2020